Monday, February 21, 2011

Beach Cows

The day off with HB on Friday was pretty awesome, but the best thing about it can be summarized in two words:

Beach Cows

On our drive through East End for dinner on Friday night, HB espied a small herd of about 10 cows milling around on a sandy stretch just west of Penn's Landing. There they were, just browsing on sea oats and getting sand in their hooves. The sight of these beachy bovine sent me into raptures. I couldn't get enough.

There is a new love in my life. No longer are cows milling about the roadways of Tortola enough to satisfy me. I demand more coastal cattle.

3 comments:

  1. I would rather the cows mill about on the roads...and leave the beaches free of manure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think everyone from landlocked states must love beach cows. One of the greatest sights of my life was seeing cows in a field by the ocean on Prince Edward Island. Cows! Not surrounded by hundreds of miles of desert!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beach cows definitely is a major paradigm shift for those of us unaccustomed to seeing cows around anything but endless pasture and prairie. I'll take the manure on the beaches in exchange for this marvelous sight.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog