Saturday, August 27, 2011

View from Bed






















Watching House Hunters and House Hunters International as often as I do, one of the things that often made me shake my head in ridicule was when people would talk about what a great view they would potentially have from their bed. I didn't get it. Did these people not realize that, lying down in bed, they'd be both at the wrong angle and too low to see anything other than the bottom two feet of their walls?

Well, yesterday morning I had to eat my words, as I woke up around 5:30, looked out the French doors at the foot of the bed, and saw the most beautiful streaks of color in the sky -- one of the best sunrises I've seen in the BVI. I woke HB up and we lay there and admired the view from our bed.

I was too captivated by the sunrise to go grab the camera, but last night I was with it enough to take a few snaps of the sunset. While the above angle is definitely not the view from our bed (in fact, you kind of have to lean over the railing on the deck to get this view at all), I thought it captured the same idea as the lovely sunrise we woke up to yesterday morning.

1 comment:

  1. How beautiful is that??? Not sure I want to see it from bed in the mroning though!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog