Saturday, September 25, 2010

Rainy Day

It's a little gloomy today. I would like to tell you about it my trip to the East End post office earlier this week (my one outing), as it was a lovely drive, but my pictures didn't turn out. Except for the 20 or so pictures I took of the herd of sheep in the post office parking lot, but I think you, my dear readers, have probably had enough of livestock for a little while.

Today, it has been raining off and on. Five minutes of sunshine followed by 20 minutes of rain. The view right now is a little grey.



















September is the rainiest month in Tortola's year, although the rainy season lasts from September through November. I don't think it's coincidental that the rainy season coincides with hurricane season, but nearly all of the rain we've received so far this month has been independent of tropical cyclones.

Tortola averages about 6 inches of precipitation in September, and about 17 or 18 inches of precipitation from September to November, somewhat less than what we saw in the rainy season in Florida. Tortola receives more precipitation in the three months of September, October and November, than Denver, CO does the entire year.






















Roscoe is wondering why I've spent so much time discussing the weather, and he's right, so I'll leave you for now, perhaps to post more later.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog