Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Fresh Eyes

I completely forgot about posting here yesterday. We went on a daysail with our guests, and it didn't occur to me to write a post the night before and schedule it to post. That's the thing about having guests, it kind of turns your world a little topsy-turvy for a while.

But our guests leave today, and I am sad to see them go. It was wonderful to be able to see the BVI with fresh eyes for a while, since even after only seven months, I know there are things I've grown accustomed to that may still excite or be a bit of a shock for newcomers or visitors. I gained new appreciation for the vast natural beauty and beaches that are literally right outside my front door, while becoming painfully aware again of the high price of nearly everything on island.

Their visit also made me rather homesick, as one of the few things we will probably never be able to have here is family, or friends so long-standing as those who visited. While I slowly get back into the slow routine of our life here, I find myself longing for the companionship and comfort of the people who still make Colorado home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog