Saturday, February 18, 2012

Saturday Morning

Here's why the consistency/existence of my blog posts on Saturdays is questionable: Saturdays are too much fun. Many of you out there probably think that I must be really busy at work on Saturdays, or something, and so often cannot find the time to get a post up. You would be incorrect. Often, I am too distracted by chatting with colleagues and guests and doing the more enjoyable parts of my job to remember to post here. Shocking, I know.



After all, Basset's View of the Islands is, for all intents and purposes, my second job, and if I don't get around to writing here, no one else does. But on Saturday, I often let myself slack off. Especially Saturdays like this Saturday. It's a beautiful day outside today. Sunny and clear, low humidity, and unseasonably warm. It's like, 85 degrees -- unusually high for February. I spent the morning unpacking boxes of housecleaning supplies, an activity in which I take bizarre delight, and I followed my exercise with a healthy hour-long chat with my co-workers. A stroll down to the beach to correct a credit card error took me cleanly in to lunchtime.



Essentially, I spend Saturday doing all the little things I didn't have time to get to during the week. It creates an opportunity for me to clean house, tidy up, before I go away for my two-day weekend. And we all like a clean house.

1 comment:

Search This Blog