Thursday, February 2, 2012

Brewer's Stroll

HB has been in the States for a week now, so I was left at loose ends trying to entertain myself on Sunday. I couldn't even resort to our usual Sunday activity of watching football at Mulligan's, since there wasn't any on.

Uncertain how to proceed, I grabbed the camera and hopped in the car, and headed to my favorite spot on island, Brewer's Bay.
























Seen from the western route, the water's of Brewer's Bay are tropical blues and greens, lined by a stretch of golden sand.




























Water temperatures are almost too cold for swimming right now (78 degrees), but this seemed like the perfect place to spend a sunny winter's afternoon.




























Since I was on my own, I took the opportunity to slow down and spend some quality time with the camera, playing with depth of field, focus, and shutter speed. This bleached sponge provided a convenient subject.
























I also managed to find the black and white setting on the camera. I think I like the sponge better in color, though.








































My compositional eye needs a bit of retraining too. Hopefully, with a few more afternoons like this one, I can get my camera skills into good shape for our trip to Peru in September.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog